Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS idea

Default MHS idea

Im thinking about making my own personal saber but in that saber i would like to have a crystal chamber US LED with a blade / no other specific specs yet but im thinking. would this saber be able to hold these? and can someone tell what would be the best spot to put a CC in this saber. thanks and bye and the pic is clicky so you may inlarge if you like =p tell me what you think and tell me what you would do to mod it. to make it look nicer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Murkey Waters; 01-16-2009 at 09:51 PM.

It looks cool.

Except...you can't have a blade holder in the middle of the hilt (that slanted piece).

The blade holder you do have isn't actually available in the store, not even sure why its in the builder.

The blade set screw should be more toward the end of the blade holder where the blade comes out.

You would have to drill into the clamp to put the guarded switch there.

I don't know anything about crystal chambers, sorry.

Other than all of that, it looks good
    Alderaan shot first.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It looks like he has a pommel #4 screwed into a blade holder #8?

I don't think he's quite understanding how the MHS parts are meant to go together.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Default HMmm

I undertstand the mhs nicely.. screw together parts.. i can custom machine some of the junk but you said that the blade holder that im useing isnt available? and thanks for the tips. ill make a a new one useing the mhs builder and post it here. if you guys have better ideas feel free to post. thanks and bye

EDIT: New type of that certanr saber: i rely want something to go over the neck of the saber sort of like this -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Murkey Waters; 01-16-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hmm, I'm not so sure you do understand. Not every part can screw onto every other part. I can see the thread hints you left turned on from the Builder, that's definitely a pommel you have stuck in the blade holder, the threads are inside the top part of the blade holder
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Default Yes i know i changed it :)

yah i know i changed it but is there anyway i can get someone to machine anything like that to go over the neck? the mhs extenstions dont look to good left alone i think.

EDIT: look at jays signature\saber. i would like to do something like that to go over the neck as a second lair but i know thats not a mhs. is it possible?

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=2738
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 01-17-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: used pic without permission

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Thats best achieved with shroud work, i.e. some type of tubing cut to the shape you want and affixed over the MHS pieces.

As for the Crystal Chamber, you could cut windows in the hilt itself, or, like I did and mill out the choke piece and put one there.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Murkey Waters View Post
    yah i know i changed it but is there anyway i can get someone to machine anything like that to go over the neck? the mhs extenstions dont look to good left alone i think.

EDIT: look at jays signature\saber. i would like to do something like that to go over the neck as a second lair but i know thats not a mhs. is it possible?

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=2738

meh ill stick it here for yah
    you'll have to just cut a piece of chrome sink drain pipe to slide over the MHS parts.....my personal custom saber was made by someone other than TCSS, and it was completely hand machined.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-17-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Default ok

Thanks jay ill do that. and how will i make it so it stay secure? screw a few nails through it?

I'd suggest you make the sink tube section with angled cut at one end to be long enough to go under the clamp section like you see on Jay-gon's picture and then use a couple of the 1.5 sink tube to MHS adapters to attach the choke point and the slotted T grip section.