Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I am a noob and need extreme help

use the one there, it will save you money and time, seeing as the switch is mounted to the board.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Thanks, this has been a big help in my head and my wallet. So now I'm off to see the store on prices for the remaining components I require.

oh and one of the store speakers get one of those, it will make much better sound then the original one. and anpother thing what do you plan on building with sinktube, mhs, or what? because If you know what you want I can help you get a list of parts.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I was leaning toward a sink tube because the mhs stuff seemed too uniform. After all, a real jedi builds his/her own lightsaber from the ground up... says the guy using a hasbro card lol. I really like the look of the red/orange led after playing kotor with a heart of the guardian crystal. It just has more attitude than red, but also has that hint of the light side.
    Eager to learn, but not so much to put into practice with out great prior knowledge... in other words, measure twice cut once.

what size of sinktube? if you go 1.25 you will need the 1.25 blade holder, if you go 1.5 you need a sinktube to mhs adapter and then choose a blade holder from the store. the 1.25 saber will be smaller and cheapr. hope I made sense

Makes since to me. I was thinking a 1.25" tube would be best. One of my friends would most definitely steal it if I got the slightly bigger one.

Edit:
    would adding in one of the leds from the store change the config. much?
    Eager to learn, but not so much to put into practice with out great prior knowledge... in other words, measure twice cut once.

okay I got a list of stuff you will need.

1.25 blade holder
    lux three red/orange led
    1.25 sinktube (duh)
    blade of choice (I'd go with the tcss show blade)
    5 degree lens
    lux three lense holder
    premium speaker

and whatever else you think you want

and no it won't change the configurations at all

Thank you so much. When I finally get this put together, my friends will run in terror. For some reason, they've got it in their head that I can make a real working lightsaber. lol

yeah my friends thought that too, good luck with your saber, and don't forget to post pics.

Yeah, I will, once I save the money to build it first. yikes!