Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: force activated saber?

thumb print readers
    ...YUP!

You'd have to carry a big ass lightsaber to get that kind of tech into it. Plus you'd have to get the thumb in the same exact spot every time to do it right.
    I refuse to accept your reality and substitute it with my own.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sairon View Post
    you could use those touch sensitive switches, I think they are called Piezo switches, they turn on with the slitest touch.
    That also means it's going to turn off just as easily, especially if the switch is located in an easily accessible area. This can be very annoying.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    thumb print readers
    I like the idea because not only would it recognize the individual but it takes a second or two for it to recognize the print...no chance of accidently turning it off unless you have your print pretty close to when you first configure the reading. Could be a lot of work...well...to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Navel View Post
    I like the idea because not only would it recognize the individual but it takes a second or two for it to recognize the print...no chance of accidently turning it off unless you have your print pretty close to when you first configure the reading. Could be a lot of work...well...to get it to work.
    The problem with that is that the saber also would take a couple seconds to turn on...

Though it would be neat to have a true lockdown on your saber. Thus far, I'm the only one who can activate Obeisance, but it is not really secure given the right circumstances.

...what nerds we are, trying to lock down our lightsabers like computers...>_>

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

light cane or light staff for the good old thumb print reader......
    also would it be possible to make it remoe activated? and i like the thumb print idea. bio technology in our sabers.......
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

i had actually thought about having a remote to turn on the saber. i know you can get those miniature remote control cars, surely you would be able to wire something up to use some of the car's parts to act as a momentary switch inside the saber and then you can mod the controller any way you see fit

ya it seems like it would fit. im betting you can. now who is gonna try it? LDM you make plenty sabers maybe you?lol.

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

the parts for me to make my first saber get here on friday, so im really not experienced enough to actually try any of this yet.

but if no one else does it first, i'll give it a shot later on down the road

and as for it fitting, i have a mini remote controlled car that is about the size of a Ipod Shuffle, so i have no doubt you could put the whole car in the hilt, much less the electronics from the car
    Last edited by Ideal; 12-28-2008 at 11:41 PM.

ya. i think it would be cool to have it sitting down turn around hold out your hand and pretend like you used the force when all you did was press a button. lol.

tutorial on ohms law!!!