Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BuckPuck1000 And CW Ultimate Saber Sound

Default BuckPuck1000 And CW Ultimate Saber Sound

Greetings,

I read another post that discussed how to connect the Clone Wars Ultimate Lightsaber together with a BuckPuck.
    Found Here Post #23 & 24

I am not sure if what was meant by REF + CTL on the buckpuck. Hopefully someone could enlighten with a quick way to understand the schematic.

My BuckPuck1000 has LED+/- and VIN +/- (no ref or ctl)

Just to make sure I don't fry my buck and LUXIII, I would like to clarify how to wire the sound board to the Buckpuck1000.

I will be using 4AAA alkaline to power the BP1000. I know what goes to what if I was using no sound. I only need to know where the buckpuck fits into the Ultimate Saber sound board scheme and how to properly power it.

Thanks in advance.

VSXUltra

Quote Originally Posted by vsxultra View Post

I am not sure if what was meant by REF + CTL on the buckpuck. Hopefully someone could enlighten with a quick way to understand the schematic.

That's funny because i asked about the same thing. Apparently the REF + CTL can be used in conjunction with a potentiometer to adjust brightness.

the ref and ctrl are the two 'extra' prongs on the puck, you can use a pot to control brightness, but you can also hook in the LED leads from a board like a hasbro thus using the output from that to control the brightness, if the hasbro has flash on clash or ramp up/down you can use the ref + ctrl prongs to let the hasbro board impart roughly the same features on the puck.

Interestingly enough, the BP1000 I just got from Tim had no CTL or REF wires. Just the VIN+/- and LED+/-

New Staff Design

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, it says in the Store Description that they aren't coming with those anymore.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Being that the Pucks don't come equipped with the REF/CTL anymore, how would the wiring work on the new pucks?

Only VIN and LED on mine. Hopefully there's a way to get it rolling. If anyone else has got this to work, please advise.

Thanks

VSXUltra

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I can stock both types. It had seemed nobody was using the extra leads and it was just leading to customer confusion so I decided to switch styles. If people are using the old style I can get them again.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

So I take it there is no way to wire together the CW Ultimate Saber sound board with the BuckPuck that has no ref/ctl?

I know I can get a 2 button setup to make that work, but that would be a little inconvenient, as I would like the sound and light to fire up with one button.

Hopefully someone else has got this to work without the extra inputs I am missing.

Thanks

VSXUltra

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    I can stock both types. It had seemed nobody was using the extra leads and it was just leading to customer confusion so I decided to switch styles. If people are using the old style I can get them again.
    I personally would like to have the extra control leads for using these in conjunction with MR or Hasbro boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    I'm a fan of the CTRL-REF version. On the soundboard I'm building from scratch, I use a PWM to ramp brightness. On a newly acquired 616 board, I'm currently prototyping (the breadboard is sitting next to my mouse an op amp circuit to drive the CTRL from the REF and the 616 LED output so I can get the ramp up-down effects.