Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: US 2.0 Troubleshooting

Goodness! So many quirks for a newborn

Well, when I finally get to test mine out I'll know what to do if/when any of the issues that have been reported happen to me.

Having to wait to finally fire mine up has turned out to be quite a boon

Thanks for all your hard work Ultra, Tim, and Morbius

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

Ulta, i seen in your vid you used a straight 2aa holder, will the side by side 2aa holder work as well? and i ordered a trustfire charger and sets of trustfires from a place so i got those comin.

just need to know if a side by side holder will work the same or if i need to get a straight holder.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    For mounting the long-plunger tactile push-buttons, I've used a length of blade tube to secure it in. You don't lose that space and if it's butted up against the battery pack it can be stable too.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...lt/tactile.jpg

Yeah, that’s pretty much how I did mine also.

The alignment is crucial and takes some finesse; otherwise the switch starts to bind.

Quote Originally Posted by LAN-ED-TUL View Post
    Ulta, i seen in your vid you used a straight 2aa holder, will the side by side 2aa holder work as well? and i ordered a trustfire charger and sets of trustfires from a place so i got those comin.

just need to know if a side by side holder will work the same or if i need to get a straight holder.
    It's not a holder issue. Any holder will work. I built an UltraSound 2.0 powered Obi Wan FX for Seth using a side by side AA holder.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by LAN-ED-TUL View Post

Side by side should work the same. It might actually be a little more stable.

I've got the regular SPST buttons coming with my boards, so ideally I hope to get those working. (Power will be coming from 4.5v 2600 mAh lithium ion packs from Tim, with recharge ports, so that should work for a reset in a pinch. I might put 'em on quick disconnects just on general principles.) If I can't get them programmed with those, I'll try it with tactiles, and if I get really adventurous, I may try gutting a SPST and putting a tactile in the shell.

For just the programming side, if some switches are being a pain wouldn't it be easier to just touch the wires to power it on? Then program it and add whatever switch you want afterward.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Here's another situation:

I was playing with mine with my son this evening. Everything was working fine for a while. Boot up on first try. Turned on fine. Dueled for about 5 minutes and then just after a manual lockup it stopped responding but the led stayed on. Had to use the kill switch. Booted up fine again and then I went to the menu to change some setting and was at the blade flicker setting and then it just froze with the led on. Then I turned the power off and let it rest for the night.

Seriously, I think we need to cut TCSS some slack. Personally I’m just happy to have the board in hand, I think any new product is bound to require some extra fine tuning, considering that we are all working with hand assembled and soldered electronics with an widely varying assortment of parts, voltages and other vital components.

I just want to say that I’m floored by the dedication and quick responses by Ultra, DM and Strydur, really awesome to see such dedication on a holiday of all things! I think we all have to take a moment and place ourselves in their shoes; I can’t even fathom the amount of time and work/personal costs that must have been required to get this board/everything else up and running. I for one can wait a few days/weeks until we figure this thing out.

On a side note I view the hobby of saber building is about the most dynamic and inventive non-mainstream hobby I have ever seen. I have nothing but total respect for those that pioneer the next generation of technology of saber building and I wish I had the time, talents and machinery to be more involved in the actual construction of this weapons from a more civilized age.

Ooh. Even better - my new powered breadboard arrived today. If I can't get one of these things to work on battery power, I'll just have to try it off of wall power. If that doesn't work, well, then at least I know my issue won't be the power supply.

(You know, if you'd have told me a year ago I'd be applying the scientific method to getting a lightsaber working, I'd have laughed in your face.)