Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: LDM's Philanthropy contest!

I used to work at a paper mill. Three guys to each shift , three shifts to each department. I got on great with the guys on my shift (Crew 1) but a new guy came in to crew 2 and the guy that ran that crew 2 was a real bully. For two weeks he made the guys life hell, the new guy really needed the money but he was close to walking out, so I swapped shifts with him. Even though I hated the boss of crew 2 and he gave me a hard time, 12 hr night shifts with a real jerk ain't fun. I felt the new guy would learn the job better if he worked with my mates cause they would look after him. Four months working with that prick taking all his abuse, then the new guy left cause he didn't like the job anyway. Still he did thank me.
    Last edited by Pullo; 11-15-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Pullo, swear000, DizzyKungFu...all in!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I was walking to a friends house to watch movies and I passed a homeless man. I didn't have any cash, but I had my debit card on me. So I took him to Jimmy Johns and got the two of us some sandwhiches. We talked for maybe a half hour or so. I encouraged him to go home to his family so they could help him get back on his feet.

In the Summer of 2008 I was one of 1500 students who participated in the 2008 ICMC: Rebuild the City.

We were cleaning up and landscaping the land in the lower ninth ward of New Orleans, which was devestated by Hurricane Katrina, so families could return and rebuild the neighborhood.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Vargose in!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Vargose you are awesome!

I really need to get involved with community projects around me!
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

For the past two years I have been participating in a breakfast for the homeless that my church puts on arround Thanksgiving time. I prepared and servered food. I spent time talking to those who came in form the shelters. I donated clothes and other necessities. I will be participating again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeQuadFive View Post
    Vargose you are awesome!

I really need to get involved with community projects around me!
    Go for it man! There is always a need, and its awesome to see people take an initiative to meet those needs. You've got my support for sure. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Last edited by vargose; 11-19-2008 at 07:43 AM.

bout a year ago I printed shirts and was good friends with the ppl their. One of the guys was going thru a divorce and was way behind on bills he asked if he could borrow some money, I asked how much and helped the guy out. It was about $300. He got all his things straight from the divorce. And about 5 months later I got a check from him for the ammount borrowed and a thank you note ( I told the man he didn't have to pay me back ). It was hard to just hand over money but the guy needed it more than me cause I still lived at home.
    Last edited by LordBane21; 11-19-2008 at 06:09 PM.
    "There are no Jedi who cannot be Seduced! With time they will all Fall. Do not underestimate the Temptations of the Dark Side!"

+LordBane+