Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: how to build a...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Neymore

i am useing ao-hell.

this is neymore, formorley marty123
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That is the problem [:0]

Do-Clo

Don't make me destroy you...

its worked in the past, i dont understand why it wont work now

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Okay, aside frop the grips being curved here is how I'd make a qui-gon. ..Acrylic discs. Layer them and cut them to shape. If you wanted to have it EL or LED you'd have to drill out the top.

Paint it and put the sink tube sleeve over it. If you are patient this will make a good saber.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

where can i get those discs and how many will i need? will it be strong enough to dule with? and what else will i need to get to do this

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Here: http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=137&

It wouldn't be cheap but's certainly cheaper than having one milled out, which would be hundreds. It wouldn't be something I'd duel with unless you bolted it through the back part, but it's just about the only way I can see this getting done outside of milling it from solid metal.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

i built a qui-gonn saber. i built mine from pvc and sink pipe. soon as i can i'll take a pic and post it. i used 2 different sizes of pvc. one smaller one that slid with some sanding out, inside another. the outer pvc was slot cut to make the so called rings about 3/4 way down around the pvc. thaen slide the inner piece inside and paint black, looks just like it. on the outside pvc on the bottom side, you make a couple shims from pvc pipe and glue them on. when its slid in the outer sink pipe casing its up against the upper grip cutout area.

now, on mine tho, i used a slightly different pommel and emitter setup. and mine is also just a belt hanger prop. it has no electrics. but some modding along the way wiould allow for the addition of it.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Any Qui-Gon style homemade is a big project, and I wish you luck. One thing that I did to make a Qui-Gon was take PVC, cut the grip section, and then fill in with clay, sand out the grooves and use a sink pipe over the PVC. Some kind of mod on that would be a way to go but you would need to make a batt holder that would fit the solid half, maybe a two wide four high AAA.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

i think maybe the way i did mine might of been a bit easier to make that ringed section. i had found a site that showed the complete details for making it this way. i printed them out, but its been awhile and i dont know if that site still exists.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LAN-ED-TUL

i think maybe the way i did mine might of been a bit easier to make that ringed section. i had found a site that showed the complete details for making it this way. i printed them out, but its been awhile and i dont know if that site still exists.

IF you can dig up the link please share......

Why not order the ribbed sections of the MHS from tim and adapt from there? you could perhaps use o-rings to fill in the upper section to make it look closer like the original, cut a sink tube to overlay like the original......just a quick thought.

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.

yes if you colud please dig up that link i would like to take a look at it

Just FYI, I was watching Episode 1 tonight and on the close up of Qui-Gon's lightsaber (right before Obi-Wan kills Maul)I noticed that the ribs are not actually round. They look more like they are square(ish) with rounded corners, and small step at the top. This would make it harder to build I'm sure but... well, just FYI

Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.

Old Jedi never die; they just fade away.