Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Many B4 ur First?"

Default creative

Well, I admit I am not as creative as some of the saber builders I have seen on the forum. I always wanted a Luke replica, so I made one. Then I browsed through the galleries and was amazed at some of the concepts people came up with. Jay-Gon has done some pretty impressive work with the sink tubes and a lot of you come up with really neat additions to the MHS. So, I would like to thank those with the really creative minds who help those of us who are a little less creative think in new directions.

I would like to eventually build a casting setup so I can cast aluminum. I think that some nice accent pieces could be made by casting metal. Only difficulty I see is getting threads tooled onto the final piece to screw the cast piece into the hilt.

I made several very different concept sketches on paper before I started to acquire parts.
    When I had acquired parts, I measured the parts and made a drawing from them that incorporated elements I liked in various sabers . The result did not turn out exactly as the drawing, though, but it was OK.
    Most of the greeblies were glued on, and painted plastic, so I there was little room to tinker.

I build very organically. I start with the basic parts I have to give it an overall look and figure out what will go on it as I build. Then I go back and make corrections when I remember I need space for batteries, electronics, switches, and the like.

I like the cobbled together, jury rigged, and field repaired look of the early sabers and this method certainly delivers

The saber in my sig is my final design for my personal saber which I will get made in a couple weeks. I went through about 60 designs before I got an affordable saber that I liked.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    LOL! Dude, if you got any more corellian - you'd have to live there!
    I honestly don't know what that means... I mean, all I know is that Han's Falcon is... a corellian space transport--a YT-1300? What the heck *IS* a correlian anyhow? Just PM me if you want, no need to derail the thread.

But ok, let's see... if we count the FLANGE III sabers as my "first" (which isn't at all accurate), ok... I made *ONE* design and stuck with it. Later on, I slightly tweaked it. One particularly weird thing is that I flipped the board around so that the LED contacts face away from the LED and the speaker contacts face away from the speaker. Long story as to why, but... let's just say I get to the SD card without major hassles. Been like that ever since v2.61.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide