Thread: Need some Costuming Ideas

Default Need some Costuming Ideas

So I want to dress up as a armored Jedi for a halloween party and show off my lightsabers.

I belong to the SCA and have some armor pieces.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do with these?

I also have hockey lower legs with aluminum knee caps.

I don't want to look like I just walked in from the 14th century so something that will look futuristic without too much alterations.
    Last edited by MoonDragn; 10-01-2008 at 01:05 PM.

the only thing i wouldnt use is breast plate. but thats my opinion. The rest looks great. kinda a sith robes and have boots go up to where pants end and the pauldrons look sweet as heck. i think they would be great for armored sith.
    "There are no Jedi who cannot be Seduced! With time they will all Fall. Do not underestimate the Temptations of the Dark Side!"

+LordBane+

Thanks, I was hoping to use the beastplate cause it is stainless steel and very shiny. But I guess it doesn't look anywhere like a mandorian armor or any type of star wars armor.

IMHO the chestplate, shoulderguards and the leg guards look great, just wear a black or any color you choose for a shirt and sweat pants.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

I took a dirtbike chest protector with shiney shoulder pads and strapped them onto my Sith Robes which are not complete.. but full chest would look silly...

Paint! Paint those peices a different color, maybe a flat black or a dull gray and it will make that armor look a little more sci-fi. You could even weather it or put some battle damage on the chest or pauldrens.

Quote Originally Posted by chase View Post
    Paint! Paint those peices a different color, maybe a flat black or a dull gray and it will make that armor look a little more sci-fi. You could even weather it or put some battle damage on the chest or pauldrens.
    LOL no, that would totally ruin them! They are used for SCA combat and thats shiny stainless steel you want me to paint over.

I like the black shirt idea, I do have a black medieval looking shirt, I'll put the BP and pauldron over it, with the hockey pants over baggy black pants. Then a pair of brown high laced leather boots.

over the whole thing I'll wear a duster and then those arm guards. and a pair of black leather gloves.

I'll see if I can find some metal looking small belts to put over those leather armguards to make it look more like Anakin's gloves.

Finally I got one of those black anakin jedi belts I can wear between the BP and the pants to cover up the hockey logo.
    Last edited by MoonDragn; 10-02-2008 at 08:09 AM.

Kinda Rahm Kota looking

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Quote Originally Posted by tazrob View Post
    Kinda Rahm Kota looking

hmmmmm!