Thread: An MHS Saber for Heavy Dueling

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Default An MHS Saber for Heavy Dueling

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to the art of saber-crafting and I need some advice that relates to the overall construction of my blade. How durable are the blades, and which are recommended for heavy dueling? I've heard some people mention dowel rods (which would be durable, sure) but I don't think they'd fit in these hilts, would they? If so, how could they be configured to work? I'm looking to make good, hardy stunt blades with some aesthetics to them. A strong blade also needs a strong hilt as well; what designs are more beneficial to a sturdy support? Any recommendations you can provide will help (unless it involves me jumping into a lake, or something like that). Thanks everyone!

Also, in a seperate topic of "stunt saber" design, what type of luminescent blade do you recommend in terms of durability, brightness, and energy consumption? Thanks again!

-Solari

Wink

May the "Search" be with you. Let letters flow through it and answers will come.
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of in·san·i·ty!
    Witty Quote

Spoon fEeD A nOOb

The battle blades are good for general dueling against other blades. I would not recomend hitting against other sticks, swords etc. The thing about duel blades is that you have to make sure all of your electronics are secured in the hilt. All that shaking around can damage things inside.

No dowels, that would defeat the purpose of having a hallow center for the light to shine through.

You want to get the Battle blades if you are interested in dueling. The Corbins have a double Wrapping of film so the light distributes better and you get that power up effect.

I would recomend using an LED system for dueling. The EL or Electro-Luminance blades have a thin wire inside that may break during heavy dueling. The LED system is also brighter than the EL system and lasts longer and uses less electricity.

I

There is a link in my sig i suggest you go there and read.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Thanks for the link, very helpful!