Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anakin, really the chosen one?

Quote Originally Posted by annon View Post
    Heir to the Empire
    Dark Force Rising
    The Last Command
    all by Timothy Zahn
    Good stuff, well worth the read.
    Those weren't the original Lucas ones. Zahn came later.

I don't think lucas ever finished those novels but he had the basic concept down. I think Zahn's just got adapted into the storyline instead.

Ya Moon, you're right, Zahn came latter. Lucus did send Zahn a lot of that back ground material as reference (I read some were it was like three boxes worth) and the story went back and forth between the two a couple of times before the finished book came out. So out of all the EU books, those were the closest to a collaboration. I think that that, and Zahn being a talented SF writer account for the high quality of those books IMO.

Ahh I wasn't aware they collaborated. I thought I read somewhere that Lucas Licensing contacted him after he started writing the books and made him put some of the Star wars source material from the Star wars role-playing game in there. I think it was after he wrote the books that Lucas decided to use Coruscant as the Capital to the empire.

Either way, I think they are now officially accepted as Canon to the Star wars universe. I just wonder if they would ever make a movie out of them.

I first read Heir to the empire when it first came out back in 1991, but found it kind of dry, so I never finished it nor the sequels.

That is a fantastic series of books, some of my favorites and I've read probably 90% of the star wars novels to date
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Lucas borrowed the idea for Coruscant from Issac Asimov's Foundation series. But Lucas just called it Imperial Center, Zahn is the one who named the planet "Corusant"
    Also I want to be clear, Zahn did most of the heavy lifting story wise (all the new characters in the story are his creations) Lucas just tweaked it to make it fit with his vision.
    As to whether GL plans on making them in to a movie, I've heard rumours, but nothing I would bet money on, but It would make me very happy if they did.

Ok slight derailment for a moment...say they do make them into movies, who would make the most awesome Grand Admiral Thrawn??

If anything, prob more animation... just not the same...
    CybKnight -
    For honor in gaming and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    Ok slight derailment for a moment...say they do make them into movies, who would make the most awesome Grand Admiral Thrawn??
    Ian Mckellan.

McKellen is too old....by far

if they run out of ideas it would be cool to put it into the tv show there making, Luke Skywalker could be mentioned. But it could have other jedi knights and of course Thrawn! That would be cool