Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: George Lucas hero or Villian

I hold Star Wars very dear. it is something i feel like i can belong to. and if it wasnt for GL i would have this, i would have never talked to any of u on this forum. Star Wars is culture. It changes over time but always hase the star was feel and never drastiaclly changes. yeah CW was kiddie but i loved it. and cant wait to watch it on Ctoon network.

GL keep up the good work. You gave me sumthing to be apart of. The Force is with you my friend. (cept for the han shot second thing. i think u had a slight hickup.)
    "There are no Jedi who cannot be Seduced! With time they will all Fall. Do not underestimate the Temptations of the Dark Side!"

+LordBane+

Holy zombies, batman! This topic has been necroposted!

There are two truths in major league soccer:
    1. Your team is either from Chicago or a suburb of Detroit.
    2. Detroit sucks.

Topic from the grave [dum dum dum]

seriously though, I dig lordbanes enthusiasm, I'm glad to (verchual) meet you too

Hahahahahahahah!!!!!
    There is no light or dark. This is the true nature of the Force. I stand before you with knowledge and understanding. You stand before me with a lightsaber.

I find it odd that some Star Wars fans seem to presume to know more about the story line, characters, and motivations than the man(Lucas) who actually created this whole thing from the ground up.

Anyone can say what they like, but like Lord Bane says, we all wouldn't be here talking to each other with out him...so he can't be all bad.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

I think GL is a hero, becuase I grew up with the original trilogy since I was 4 and instantly fell in love with the whole story and universe he has created and that will never die.
    I can forgive Lucas for any mistakes he has made with recent films because he is only trying to make the franchise survive to meet a different and changing audience, and that can only be a good thing if we want to keep Star Wars alive and get more people interested!

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieJedi View Post
    I can forgive Lucas for any mistakes he has made with recent films because he is only trying to make the franchise survive to meet a different and changing audience, and that can only be a good thing if we want to keep Star Wars alive and get more people interested!
    Excatly.
    "There are no Jedi who cannot be Seduced! With time they will all Fall. Do not underestimate the Temptations of the Dark Side!"

+LordBane+

George Lucas is one of my biggest heroes and no matter what he does creatively, even if I don't agree with his tastes, I still respect him as an artist. Hell, I have a picture of him along with Joseph Campbell and other heroes of mine, hanging on my wall.
    Follow Your Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieJedi View Post
    I I can forgive Lucas for any mistakes he has made with recent films because he is only trying to make the franchise survive to meet a different and changing audience, and that can only be a good thing if we want to keep Star Wars alive and get more people interested!
    I agree with you that the audience has changed....which is why I think he is going backwards instead of forwards. The audience is more mature in my opinnion. I think the storylines should be more serious. Now I'm not saying you can't have a bit of fun in them. ROTS is the best one next to ESB because they were the most serious. No Jar Jar..Gay Hutt....blah blah. They aren't conducive to the flow of things to me.

Just my .02.
    Melek
    There is no light or dark. This is the true nature of the Force. I stand before you with knowledge and understanding. You stand before me with a lightsaber.