Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My MHS in design Stage.

i dont like hand painting at all. so here is simple no custom parts and 1 powder coated peice. simple enough. not as expensive as the other would be.

Later on down the road wen i get good at making hilts. i will do more advanced thing but this is ok for now. as it my first.
    Last edited by LordBane21; 09-27-2008 at 09:34 AM.

Even that looks ***y.

I like how you reversed the hilt so the button is at the bottom rather the middle or top, which is how I designed my saber as well. In my opinion it leaves it out of the way for the fancy spins and twirls

Thank u very much. and thank u to all of u who have given me constructive critisism it helped me out alot. This is a very supportive and helpful site.

Now all i need to do is get the money and order the parts. Cant wait. when i get the parts i will do a rough assembly and post them up to show u all

Quote Originally Posted by DarthZoloft21 View Post
    LOL i have thread hints on, i just noticed to use it with these last 2 i made. here is a disassembled pic showing how the threads would fit together

see they all screw right on in to eachother. no connectors needed.

oh the last ones are just under 14 in. I am 6'1 so I like the longer hilt.
    would you still be able to screw some of the parts together even tho some groves dont match

For a first saber I would go for something simpler.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    would you still be able to screw some of the parts together even tho some groves dont match
    Ah i didnt notice it. no they wouldnt fit i would have remove the bottom ribbed peice or have it custom made. sorry botu that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    YEs, This is a two-d illustration of three-d objects. They all use standard clockwise threading unless Tim has done something really od, but from what I've seen it's all standardized. That means the threads should work no matter what. The threads shown are for illustration only, unless I miss my guess horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBane21 View Post
    i dont like hand painting at all. so here is simple no custom parts and 1 powder coated peice. simple enough. not as expensive as the other would be.

Later on down the road wen i get good at making hilts. i will do more advanced thing but this is ok for now. as it my first.
    It looks like you got that handle backwards in terms of how it fits with the threads, so if you really want it that way you should probably use 2 gender changers.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    It looks like you got that handle backwards in terms of how it fits with the threads, so if you really want it that way you should probably use 2 gender changers.

how so?

arent the hilts double female? pommel - male thread, hilts -double female, ribbed - male/female, bladeholder - male

or am I wrong?

Ooops you're right. I was thinking of the wrong pieces.

Guess that would work.