Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My first MHS saber

Default My first MHS saber

I haven't built it yet but this is what it will look like

Default nice

very nice. Are those red lines in the handle going to light up? Someone did that on one saber but I have no clue how...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    very nice. Are those red lines in the handle going to light up? Someone did that on one saber but I have no clue how...yet.
    Could have used EL wire or Fiber Optic cord(just pass the front end of the cord to LED Luxeon Collimator Lens and run it down the handle through holes, waw la lit up handle).
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Thats going to be one long saber, I figure close to 17" in length.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Those red lines are just O-rings, though that would be cool as hell if it lit up..

Hasid yeah its long but yoru off by 3 inches :P

you appear to have put the blade retention screw on the thin neck part, it needs to be on the actual blade holder to do any good...

I figured if I put the screw lower down to hold the blade in place it might be sturdier instead of having it placed on the blade holder.

the blade doesn't extend into the thin neck section though, and the farther forward you put the screw the better it will hold the blade.

Oh it doesn't? Snap.. this is a led design...

the blade is 1" OD, the blade holders are designed to have the blades stop in them, the thin neck section would be too small.

All I have in my thin neck section is the LED and heatsink. if you want a clean look, you can always to a blade retention screw that doesn't extend outside of the blade holder.

For my daughter's and her friend's sabers, I used the red screws as blade holders.
    I had Stryder drill and tap an 8/32 hole and used the screw from here:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/8-...crew-P275.aspx

for my personal sabers, I like the clean look, so I use this set screw:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/8-...crew-P108.aspx

Here's my daughter's, it's a K2 luxeon white with a pink disc, the red button is the blade holder, it makes it easy to swap discs or Lee filters when she wants to change colors.

I'm going to try a Seoul P4 white on my next saber (after I finish building my Oppressed Knight)

your saber looks to be just under 16" long.

do you plan on adding a sound card? you've got plenty of internal space. For my Oppressed Knight, I bought a 5" hilt and had Stryder cut in the grooves from Hilt 4 on it, I'll find it and take a pic and edit again in a few minutes.

here, this is what I am building now, I'm just waiting for an Oppressor blade holder and Imperial Knight pommel from Ultrasabers, and of course the Ultrasound 2.0. It is sitting next to the 2nd MHS saber I built for a coworker using a 7" hilt4, ribbed section, and Overlord blade holder and pommel, running MR sound + K2 green. My Oppressed Knight will be shorter, closer to 10-11" in length.

my bad, looks like it's 11" in length, not sure how I want to set it up yet.

Last edited by Chowser; 09-12-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: adding pics