Thread: No more planning and this is it!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No more planning and this is it!

Ok so Iam getting tired of planning this and that and well Iam just gonna do it and if I don't like Iam gonna sell the thing off.

I just need to get a couple parts and one is custom and another is tough to get fast or easy to get and takes forever to arrive so where to get it from is a tough choice.

Now the saber will use either a luxIII bin 2 cyan that Ive had for ages or I will use my orange led that I got from BR, or just pony up the cash and get a luxV. Now some say luxV arnt worth it with the rebel out and all and well to be frank I don't want to send it to someone to install the tiny goober or waste the time to do it myself cause I don't want to deal with something that fricken tiny. Saber will house a CF v2.5, Battery pack will be decided when I decide what led to use.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...ysaber-1-2.jpg

Design is based on a little bit of this and that with something of old and something new, borrowed and broken.
    Now the parks clamp either I get it from parks and wait a year for it or try to source one. But putting the switches in that will be a pain so Iam gonna use 2 small momentary buttons like this in a card on the clamp.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...erstuff030.jpg

I know unoriginal, but Iam also probably gonna put a couple accent leds with the short bezel in the card as well.
    So if I get bored with it Iam gonna sell it off but I need to get this thing finish already.

Iam talking to Tim right now about a custom extension. Its basically a ribbed section cut down to 2.5" long and the ribs lathed off.

But to the end point Iam not sure if I want to use the luxIII cyan or the orange on this saber or not, I think maybe a luxV is in order but if I go that route I need a battery pack thats no longer than 4" and will provide more than 800mah. I need a battery pack that will give me 2.5 hours of run time at a minimum.

So should I stick with my 4.8V 2600mah pack and get a k2 or should I get a luxV and have to worry about getting a battery pack that has the needs I.....need. I would get the 7.2 nihm pack but thats just to big and Iam not sure if Iam gonna have that much room to spare.

Iam sure it looks like I got enough room to use just about anything but I don't want this to be cramped and a simple swing will take the wiring apart.

Now to find the right size timing belt.

Ok enought rambling for now
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 07-31-2008 at 03:27 AM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics