Thread: Jay-gon's Brass Saber 3-7 (MR Sound/Lux III's)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jay-gon's Brass Saber 3-7 (MR Sound/Lux III's)

I don't know how much interest there is in these anymore, but I did some more work to Brass Sabers 4 & 5 today. I started by cutting the angle for the emitter shrouds:

I thne used my tubing cutter to cut off the shrouds from what will become the rear half of the hilt:

After that was done, I polished the shrouds, because I had the same issue as last time with the saw leaving burned edges on the cut, and when that was done, I used the tubing cutter to make the rear grip marks:

Next, I measured for the screw holes to mount the MHS adaptors:

I transferred that measurement to the brass tube:

I marked it with my exacto knife, by leaving a small scratch, and took it to the drill press and set it up to drill the hole:

After drilling the first hole in the brass tube, I slipped in the MHS adaptor and using it's pre-drilled and tapped holes as a guide, drilled straight through to the other side of the brass tube:

Doing it klike this ensures that the hole on the other side of the hilt will match up perfectly with the hole in the adaptor, making everything symmetrical.

See what I mean? I did them both while I had the set-up in the drill press. Here's what these two (three actually, the chrome hilt piece seen above is being worked on along with these two) will basically look like when done:

And while I was drilling holes, I decided to drill these for the switches as well. Here's how they turned out:

Now I have to play the waiting game on some parts from the store before I can complete these.

I have some leds on order, but haven't decided what colors I'll use in these....I also don't have any sound boards, so it may be awhile before these are completed.
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 01-26-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.