I first off want to say that the idea is inspired by arkai's protosaber. I have been on the quest for something different/original. I have parts ordered to make my next saber, which was originally going to just be a sink tube LED saber with Erv's board. Now I figure I would go one step further and after constructing the hilt, and use polymer clay aka "sculpey". My mother is really big into polymer modeling and I have seen how easy it is to encase something (pens, pencils, lamps, etc) in the clay. She is REALLY creative with the stuff. I'm just going to take a leaf from her book and go nuts with the stuff, and make something nice and origonal. Now the whole point of the thread is to get ideas for the design, (modern look, protosaberish, metallic looking, whatever floats your boat), suggestions beforehand, and critique when it is finalized/baked.

And now, a little info on what I have ordered/planned. I have a Green 5w Lux V electronics kit on the way along with a chrome sink tube. When it becomes available, I want to use Erv's board and his LED battery indicator, the one that looks like an equalizer.

Now I also have some questions. With Erv's board, how many auxiliary buttons are needed for blade lock, blaster deflect and such. Also, what kind of switches should be used. This includes the power button. I'm just curious if there is anything special that must be done.

With all that said, leave feedback, ideas and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I really don't want any flaming for my lack of knowledge. Remember, the more you tell me, the more I'll know, and the less I will ask in the future.

Thanks.