Hi everyone,

Being as this is my first post, i apologise if its in the wrong section - I did think about putting it in the LED hilts section, but as it regards the MHS I thought it would be best here.

Im building my first LED saber, using a MHS hilt (with blade and LED etc from TCSS) and a Crystal Focus board. Now, im still waiting for everything to be shipped so ive got some time to plan this out.

Since im using the CF board with rechargable batteries, in addition to the existing switch hole I will be needing at least two extra, one for the aux button and another for the recharge port. I firstly considered asking Tim to machine the holes for me, but a) I haven't decided/seen the sizes of the buttons/ports, and b) I need to see where theres room in relation to battery pack etc.

So, can anyone give me any tips as to drilling in my own holes? Ive no access to a drill press, so atm im favouring going to a local machine shop and asking nicely if they can drill a couple of holes for me, but if anyone has any great tips/advice it would be most welcome (and save me a little time/money!)

Thanks

Matt