I've been given a sound board from a collector friend of mine, he says its from a Kenner toy saber.

I'd like to know if any of you tried them in custom work before as I am wanting to use it in experimenting with speaker placement and resonance chamber in my saber.

The board is rectangular - 2 wires for power, 1 for light, 2 for speaker and 2 for impact sensor.

The impact sensor really is a rod with a spring around it.
the speaker is a tad bit bigger then 1.5 inch. Bummer, won't fit in most sabers.

I'd like to know how durable these boards are. experimenting with it, I know it seams to support 4AAs not so bad. I tried to power my 3W luxeon out of that and it seams to hold.

The ignition/retraction is made by blinking the light, there's also some flash on impact.
There isn't really any swing effects, sometimes you hear one after a clash.

the speaker has written specs of 0.25W 8ohm. I changed it for a MR speaker for a louder sound, but different tone. sounds OK.

I'm wondering if I can use this setup on a long period with no damage or if I'd end up frying the board. I never had Kenner toy sabers, but I assume it used 2 or 3 D battery.