I'm reposting this so the discussion can be continued outside of the "gallery" threads.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by naashar

Nice, X!! I can't wait to see what you're gonna do 'bout an emitter!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well... since I lack the ability to machine I can't do anything. If I had access to a lathe I could add lots of detail to it, but in the end it's staying as a tube. I think it would distract from what it's meant to be all about, the insides.

There are some neat things about it being clear though. In actuallity the hilt is 16" long, but you will hardly notice that fact because of these factors:
1) The 2" we normally lose in the holder... I'm not losing it IT'S CLEAR BABY![8D]
2) The 1" of resonating for the speaker is clear too... so it seems like the speaker is the end, but it isn't.

So it only seems like a 13" hilt. Take out a lot of the "bling" like the crystal and switches that the RGBY needs and it'd be quite small.

DETAILS about what's upcoming:
I have the heatsink, switches and micropucks to get. Acerocket ran into some problems machining my heatsink so the ETA is unknown on that. Switches are on order. I got the same pots Meiv4 recommended and a neat sliding switch. I ordered a sliding switch that is flush, meaning I won't have accidental button pushings.

Construction-wise I have to mount the electronics. The MR board conveniently is 1" so I'm going to make spacer rings with the left over PolyC. Then it's dremeling the holes for the switches, vents for the heatsink, and finally I'm hoping to put nylon set screws in for a lot of the parts. All that has to wait though for when all the parts come.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>