So....

I haven't posted a thread about it yet; however, I am building a Nihilus (esque) hilt from MHS parts/Shrouds. The build is for a Garrison mate of mine, and once he saw the hilt, he said, "I'm gonna kill that shine and make it look nasty." That also seems to be the trend nowadays, and I know many of the OT sabers were a tad nasty and weathered....like the V2 or shared stunt saber.

Nihilus lived in some volatile times, and lots of infighting amongst the sith. So, I took a tip from Shameem (Darthmario), and tried some shattered weathering with a dremel. It killed me to cut on the brand new shiny stuff I just put together! But, I did it. I did my best to make the saber look "nasty", as it had been hit with force lightning. It does indeed look nasty.

My next step is Aluminum Black. This will be the first time I have ever used the stuff. I haven't installed the hilt yet, its still empty metal. Any tips on the Aluminum black? I don't want to over-do it, but I want it to look "nasty". I don't want him to have to do anything to the saber once I'm done delivering it to him. I just want him to be in awe. Help a brother out!

Tom