Hiya everyone! Have you ever had a build go spectacularly wrong before? Indeed, that is what this monstrosity is. While constructing this, I've never burnt through so many components so fast- in a matter of fact- this saber is entirely made from salvageable scrap parts I had laying around.

Initially made to hold a Crystal focus- a series of extremely unfortunate events led to the destruction of the CF8 board, as well as a shroud I had worked on with upwards of 50 hours. After said terrible events that should not be mentioned, all I had left was an emitter, grip, pommel, and a piece of 12" shroud material and scrap sheet metal.

SO.

I redesigned a new shroud to fit over my left over parts, found an old 5" segment/gear in my spares, and got my etching tools and supplies out............ and bought an LED....... and new wiring ect..... aaaaand brought a nano V4, downgrading from the CF8 for financial reasons. (Although the NanoV4 is amazing. It's an absolutely fantastic board). [I suppose that looking back... a sith-like weapon is made with suffering hahaha] But enough of my carrying on and crying about that stuff.

Acid Etched shroud(s)
Acid medium battle weathering
3.7V Li-ion
Tri RRW cree coppernova
Tactile Switch
Recharge port hidden in pommel
Bass Speaker
Covertec clip
Nano V4 soundboard
32" Transwhite blade
Parts of an old lamp i scavenged
Sweat
Tears

This saber was designed to be a grey jedi saber (although it kinda evolved into a sith saber) with a shroud that looked like stone with metal pounded into it- worn and damaged from battles and traveling, but still cared for. So, this is the result!

Sorry if the pictures are a bit big. With all the stuff that went into this, it is *quite* the franken-saber!

The etching was done with a copper sulfate method (rootkill), and the weathering was done with a separate acid solution, as buying quantities for rootkill method can be expensive. I ended up on a budget too haha.
The resist I used was a mixture of transfer paper and hand painting with enamel.

Can't wait to wear this to EP 8.

Thanks for taking a look!
- Cheers!