Thread: MHS and Carbon Fiber Blades

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MHS and Carbon Fiber Blades

Hey all!

First time poster here, and I'm coming with a boat load of questions I have either found unanswered on the forums or thought of after talking to CustomSaber customer support. So let's begin.

First question is how do the new 1" to 3/4" adapter that TCSS sell hold up in actually securing the carbon fiber blade to the hilt? I've looked around the net, forums, YouTube, and haven't found a review dedicated to show casing this adapter. I would like to know as the choreography and stunts I have in mind require this blade be secure as to not fly out and endanger the actors.

Second question regards the securing of the blade holder to the adapter, and the adapter to the blade. I understand that a screw hole 8-32" is drilled into the blade holder for making sure a polycarbonate blade is secured. But when you fit a carbon fiber adapter into the blade holder, how does his new setup get secured? Do you use a grub screw to latch the blade and adapter together and then a normal screw on the outside to connect the blade holder to the adapter?

Third question is about reliability. How many people here went with the carbon fiber route? How have your props held up? How often do you smash your blades against someone else's? How long has it lasted?

Fourth question is regarding the actual hilt, in your personal opinion is a simple hilt, pommel, and blade holder is all that ia needed to get one of these carbon fiber blade systems up and running? Or can I add doohickeys and thingamabobs to the hilt as well to improve the aesthetics with out affecting performance?

Final question, if I were to hand a fully functioning carbon fiber blade and hilt system (meaning it was built as TCSS intended) to my actors and told them to go at it, would they be in danger of the thing breaking? (outside the blade snapping)

Thank you in advance for reading this, my main goal is to procure a prop I can trust and keep buying, I'm hoping TCSS can provide that prop.

- Poi_Master
    Last edited by Poi_Master; 12-07-2016 at 07:01 PM.