Hey all!

Sorry if this seems like a common question, but i want to make sure i do this right, and unfortunately need to do this in "baby steps". I wanted to install a 3.7V 3000 Mah battery into my saber (i hate the 4 AA battery packs), however when i installed it, after about 20 seconds poof, the led fried(melted its own lens to the led itself) and nuked my momentary-latching switch.

So my basic understanding of wiring etc, has led to a couple problems that i need to solve, so lets start with what i have,

1. Momentary to latching switch (this was working fine, but got fried)
  2. White LED short momentary switch ( off the TCSS store) this is being wired with a DynaOhm Varitible resistor. luckily the led portion was not connected at the time of the purge.
  3. Cool White (5650K) LUXEON Rebel ES LED on a SinkPAD-II 20mm Tri-Star Base - 705 lm @ 700mA - This did have some heatsink on it, my guess is that it wasnt enough to keep up.

now, all that being said, is it even feasible to install this battery? and if so, what precautions/ items do i need to properly install this. I luckly have spares of everything that got fried but i messed up once, dont want to do it again.

Thanks!