Thread: Old request maybe? Good for customers, even if it means more work for store.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Old request maybe? Good for customers, even if it means more work for store.

It would be 'very very very nice' if there was a system in place that allowed us reserve stock to fulfill an order.
    I'm in Canada, and I'm not going to split an order at $40 per shipping to get things piecemeal. Not if the shipping would cost more than the parts times several shipments. As a result I don't order as often as I might.
    If I have an order, then a "fill this order when its complete" option would be a very good feature for the store.
    Perhaps more labor involved for the company, but i expect with the proper coding the site and inventory control system could handle the mechanics of it by 'reserving stock numbers and notifying the store owners when an order is theoretically able to be completed.
    Yes, I'm sure there are lots of ways this can fail, or be abused, but it can also work and result in many more sales which might be good for growing the business.
    Either way, with big orders there is hardly ever a time when all the parts are in stock and checking my wishlist every day is a waste of my time. And just discouraging.

Now, on a happier note, I'm not knocking Tim and the gang. Far from it... great work helping us geeks ( is that the proper term fulfill our dreams.
    A true Jedi makes his own light saber. And we can't do that without TCSS.

Al
    Last edited by A Pieroway; 02-17-2016 at 02:53 PM.