Hello! New to the forums here- well sorta. I've roved around the site aimless for quite a bit now, but anyway- Yep. I got dragged into the awesome world of saber building. I saw the stuff everyone was doing here, and what the companies who sell complete sabers were doing, and I think it would be much more fun to build a personal saber then buy a pre-made one. (My thanks to you guys and your awesome builds- they truly are inspiring.) Also, I think I got a handle on what to and what not to say (like stock questions and obvious stuff that I've seen 'round the forum.) but I apologize in advance if I do. (Also, I shall be updating this thread with info/pictures/progress as I build the saber.)

So, this project is for a very dear friend of mine as a gift, and I'm trying to do it in a rustic/old republic style. So I'll probably wrap the extension in leather, and do some rootkill method acid etching on some parts.

So, I've compiled a list of what I'm going to need for the (LED) saber below:

Saber Aluminum Parts

SaberBuilder_render.jpg

MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 21

Hilt Style 1 [16mm recessed/machine work for Box 2,3,5,6 Mounting] (Ordered already. On it's way in the mail.)

MHS choke style 3

MHS deep ribbed extension

Activation box style 5

MHS Sleeve material (For shroud/sleeve making)

MPS Pommel style 8

Saber Electronics Ect I will apologize right off the bat here. I've looked through a bunch of the forum about electronics, but I'm still having some questions/issues with some things.

Luxeon Rebel Star LED (Amber) [I hear this one is good- also, it's the only one I saw that had Amber as a color option, which I would very much like.)

Rebel Star LED & MHSV1 Heatsink Module (Amber, obviously) [Confused slightly, in the description it says the heatsink comes with ALL the LED stuff? does this eliminate the need to get any of the lenses/holders/actual LEDs?]

Collimator Lens 8.7 deg (I've learned that the lens does make a difference in things- but I never quite found out what. Will do some research.)

Rebel Lens Holder (Do I absolutely need this to hold everything in place properly?)

Buckpuck 1000mA (Do I need the six or four wire version?)

Yellow LED indicator

16 mm momentary switch Yellow dot, or stainless short (If I have a buckpuck, do I need a resistor for the indicator and switch still?)

MWS Pre-Wired Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2 (Does this regulate the momentary switch? Do I not need a buckpack or resistor- or do I have to have both?)

MWS BuckPuck (Do I need this or does the Nano Biscotte pre-wired come with it?)

Battery Pack. (I don't know much about which would be a good choice. I've heard Li-ion packs are the way to go, but I am not overly familiar with them.)

MWS Recharge Port

Speakers. (I'm rather confused about this subject. Are the speakers powered by a second power source, or are they powered by the battery for the LED/sound? What is a good one to get?)

So, that is the list of things. I don't plan on buying a blade yet, I want to finish the saber first. I I'm not sure if I'm missing anything- but please tell me if I am. My first saber is a tad daunting .... Suppose I gotta wait till the rest of the parts are back in stock anyways.

Anyway, thank you in advanced guys, and sorry if I asked a question that there has been controversy over or that shouldn't be asked. Pardon my ignorance!