I'm supposed to be up in 6 hours, so I figured now would be a good time to think about community events. xD>
I want some honest feedback here.

Would anyone think it to be enjoyable if saber builders all made sabers for the purpose of anonymously exchanging them with other builders in a sort of large event?

Imagine getting to build a saber, solely to showcase physically to someone receiving it as a sort of gift, in exchange for a random saber from another builder. With your saber that you put up for exchange, you can provide some back story about its design and yourself as a builder.

Now, imagine being a new builder and how inspiring it would be to receive a hilt from an extremely experienced sabersmith and getting to read about them and how they come up with their techniques and designs?

Even as a long-time sabersmith, I'm sure a participant could appreciate getting ahold of a hilt that perhaps inspires them, as well.

My thoughts are that this event could really bring parts of the community together in a way different than just message boards and the occasional convention. It combines the insight of other artists, the generosity of others and their talents, and the fun of a complete gamble on what saber/sabersmith you may be receiving.

Thoughts, revisions, questions, and criticisms are welcome here! >