I haven't been very active in the hobby or on the forums the last few years, but occasionally I still get the itch to build something new.
First one up is a new one for my son since he sold his last one. We decided on some heavy weathering for this one. I've been practicing a few new to me techniques on spare parts, so tomorrow will be game time for this one. Obviously it has some Qui Gon influence to it, not sure that I'm really liking the pommel so I may end up ordering a different one. I've got a R/G/B Tri-rebel for it to go along with a NBv2, he wants a red main led with a blue FOC. I've got everything minus some pvc for a chassis, so this one should come together quick now that the shroud is done.

This one is actually my third go at this hilt, and after doing both of these shrouds it WILL be my last. I managed to snap some pics while I was roughing out the shroud. I started with sitharchive.com blueprint of Qui Gon's hilt and had Tim whip up some parts to my spec's. Then the shroud was "made to fit" the MHS parts. I still have a ton of parts to get for this one, so it'll be a little bit longer before its finished.

Usually start with a rough draft of the shroud,

And Then a second to "fine tune" it,

And the finished pattern,

Glued to the shroud material,

And done,