Hey everyone,

Ok, building a lightsaber has always been an interest of mine, but it wasn't until recently that I knew all of this was possible.

I have been doing lots of research and I know most of the stuff I need, but some stuff easily escapes my understanding.

I discovered Sloth Furnace and decided, though it would be challenging, I would like to try to make a blade like his. What I'm really unsure about are the power requirements for 90 LEDS that have 25,000mcd, with a forward voltage of 3.2V and a max of 3.6V. What is the best set up? Any specific batteries?

Also, has anyone had any luck finding 3/4" OD x 1/2" ID polycarbonate tube and diffuser? I have found 3/4" OD x 5/8" ID, and 5/8" OD x 1/2" ID PC tubes. My first thought with those are to sand the 5/8" OD tube so it acts as a diffuser and is just thin enough to fit into the 3/4" OD tube. But I am worried the LEDs will have little to no protection during a duel. Has anyone tried this?

Also, because of the kind of LED set up I want to try, I thought it would be easiest to set up a 1/4" socket like what TCSS's recharge port to provide power to the LEDs. Any thoughts or suggestions?