It's been far too long since I built a saber, and when I saw LDM's latest cane saber I was inspired to make something similar for myself. I wanted something simple, functional, and with just a little bit of style to it.

Specs:
All MHS design
Single 18650 Li-Ion pack
Baked-on glossy black paint, with clear coat
Hand polished overlay, pommel, and BH
Tri-Rebel RGB LED
Latching AV switch in pommel
Hidden recharge port
Custom built color-swapping board

Since I hadn't done any color-mixing sabers yet, I figured it was time to try my hand at it. To control the color mixing, I built a small control board with three small slide switches on it, one each for Red, Green, and Blue. I also attached the resistors to the board as well (and then color coded them for easy reference). The prototype board ended up being about the same size as a CF. I can certainly make it smaller with SMD components.

Control board and hidden recharge port:

Exposed switches:

The switches are exposed through the overlay, allowing easy access to color swapping. Since there's no sound board in this saber, you can swap colors on the fly without damaging anything. Any combination of Red, Green, and Blue are possible. The recharge port is kept hidden under the overlay, as is the blade retention set screw. As it's a walking stick, I don't see the need for easy access to the retention screw.

I have a little more fine tuning to do on the saber, to include acid etching on the overlay. Once that's done, I'll post updated pics.