Thread: LDM's Philanthropy challenge 2012

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member
    Sith Lord

Smile LDM's Philanthropy challenge 2012

LDM's Philanthropy Challenge 2012

I have been going back and forth about doing this (no time, expense, etc.) but I decided that if not now, when? It is a time in our World with a great deal of economic despair. We have all felt it. I personally work two full time jobs to make half the money I did 5 years ago. 61% of the new-graduate Veterinarians in the United States this year (2012) got a job. That is where we are. It scares me to death. I need to do something to create some positive energy. I want to pay it forward and I want all of you to help me. What will it do for me? Other than make me feel useful, probably nothing. What will it do for you? Hopefully it can make you and someone else smile. I see so many "vacant" eyes every day that I just need some positivity.

This challenge, like its forebear in 2008, is simply this...do something nice for someone, then post it up at JSSDC, Fx, theRPF or at TCSS. This first post will be copied to all four forums. That is all you have to do. The challenge ends on December 31st at 11:59:59 PM. I am the sole judge. So what does the winner get? A lightsaber of course. For the 2008 challenge, I gave a highly customized MR conversion. For this one, I go a step further. I will machine a 100% scratch hilt. It won't be a 50 hour project, but it will be nice. It will be duel-worthy. It will have MR sound and most likely 4aaa batteries. Can these things change? If other Sabersmiths donate to the cause, then the particulars can indeed change. I am not soliciting. I will do this myself if need be and am fully prepared to foot the entirety of the project but if I know some of my peers I just may have a bit of help.

That is all. Post those positive actions. They need not be big. They can be as simple as walking an elderly lady across the street. I have no preconceived notions of what people find to be "kind". I look forward to reading some positivity every day for the rest of the year. I will check every thread each day. I hope everyone participates and it is my sincerest desire that this touches all of you and makes all of us at least infinitesimally better people.

@ Fx: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index...9131#msg519131

@ The RPF: http://www.therpf.com/f12/ldms-phila...2012-a-169304/

...and the winner is:

Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 01-16-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!