Thread: K3GR1 - "Oxidium" by LDM

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member
    Sith Lord

Cool K3GR1 - "Oxidium" by LDM

K3GR1 "Oxidium"

This is a custom project that I have been working on for nearly a year. It started life as a black and gold anodized K3GR1 hilt from the 2008 Limited run. I wanted, of course, to do something that nobody else did. Well, I couldn't do that, but I decided to go ahead and do the second one with a chassis...and the first with a displayable crystal chamber. Jango did a very nice K3GR1 with a visible chamber which is VERY nice. I also had an idea that I wanted to try to give the effect of a Power Cell where the Sound Board would normally be in a chassis-ed saber. It is not perfect yet, but it fits the ancient feel of this saber well. The Oxidized phase III Bronzium weathering is amazing in person and I think that my Photo-fu finally took enough of a leap so that it translates into the Glam shots. SO to summarize, a Ancient K3GR1 with a ton of machined modifications, a new generation of weathering, a fully displayable Crystal Chassis and a CF 4.31 driving a Cree RGBW tuned to a nice OSPP Homage purple. I will include a link to the Build and machining albums for anyone interested in seeing how she came together.

The Particulars:
    CF 4.31 with:
    1. "Windu's Fury" by Nightstorm
    2. Korriban by Madcow
    3. Valkyrie by Shadeslinger
    4. Afterburn by Eastern57
    5. Ancient Saber by Novastar
    6. Crystal Chamber by Madcow
    CREE XR-E RGBW
    Weathered Quartz Crystal
    LDM Chassis
    Diatium Cell Screen
    (6) accent LEDs for an "inner works effect"
    7.4V Li-ion
    Hidden 2.1mm recharge/kill in chassis
    Oxidized Bronzium Phase III Weathering
    Weathered Leather inlaid grip

The HD BMT:

The Glams:

The Final Chassis/Sleeve Pictures:

And a Video with the Pot turned down...also shows and explains the chassis changes:

The links:

Build: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...Oxidium/Build/

Machining: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...GR1%20Oxidium/
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 09-20-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: New Video and updated chassis pix
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!