Radio Shack sucks, I know. I work here. I work here a lot. I've worked here for three years, I'm a store manager and when it comes to actual electronics, Radio Shack is the most useless fudging store ever.

That being said, check this out!! This item has been around for FOREVER and frankly, I'm a bit shocked that no one's mentioned it before:

Radio Shack part #28-027
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3814337

This thing is a breadboard, it's a power supply (with varying voltages available), it's got speaker leads, it's got LED support! Need a potentiometer to get your RGB's just right? IT'S GOT THREE! Push buttons (SPST), DPDT Switches, resistors, transformers, books worth of information on reading wiring diagrams with detailed instructions for actually building them!

Now here's the kicker, most Radio Shack stores will not carry this item on hand because they do not have to. Most Radio Shack stores won't carry parts like this unless you DEMAND it. This item retails for $69.99, stores can pick it up at a cost of exactly $41.34. Knowing that, lever these meatsacks into cutting you a deal! You can do it!!