Thread: equinox13's MHS5 build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Default equinox13's MHS5 build

still waiting on a lot of parts, which i'll list, but i feel i have a lot done so far. here are some pictures and a video of everything so far.

Here's the basic setup for the crystal chamber - a slotted double male (marked so i know which end is which since i want the paint dusting to line up later), 2 cut up blade bases from hasbro econo sabers, and 2 tubes for the wires. the wires were quickly replaced with 22AWG transmission copper wires.

Inside of the upper part - 3 LEDs (2 blue & 1 rainbow) wired in parallel and epoxied in.

The switch box and covertec button in a nice faux woodgrain pattern. The box is resting against the start of the crystal.

Not a very good picture, but this is the 'crystal' after initial shaping. I epoxied layers of scrap acrylic together and stuck them in a vice for a few hours. i had to glue tabs to each end later for the mounting. the second picture is after final shaping and some polishing. it looks good lit up like that so i think i'll leave that last tiny bit of polishing wax on it.

and here's everything in a short video all assembled with the pommel and crystal chamber fully assembled. i put some gundam type vent things inside the chamber to add a bit of flair to it as well, though they're hard to see... The pommel has a thin piece of plastic plating to diffuse the LED in it.

Picasa Gallery

EDIT:: forgot to list parts still on the way...
    - blade holder 13, 16, or 19 - all were ordered but still deciding
    - main hilt body parts - pseudo Mara style
    - MR Sith board
    - Skott's FD 1.0
    - RGBW Cree LED and resistors
    - thumbscrews
    Last edited by equinox13; 12-06-2010 at 04:51 AM.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other