I am new to this.
I wanted a dueling blade to teach my son control, respect and weapon skills since he's 3 on the 18th Nov 2010. With this in mind I looked for cheep dueling blades and plumped for a pair of Ultrasabers Initiate v2 with connector for him (2 in case he has a friend around, he's not tall enough to wield a battlestaff: 1blue 1green) & a Phantom for myself (1green 1RGB). These are generally excellent & the RGB also brilliant for colour mixing of light lessons (I am a science teacher). The only things I'm not completely happy with are the lack of sound and the grip (guarded switches uncomfortable).

To this end I am planning to construct a saber of my own using MHS parts & Crystal focus board. This will be project #1 aka Excaliber. If I knew how to copy renderings off of the MHS builder software I would include one?

I have a question though has anyone made a saber for inhuman hands?
I am thinking of the 3 digited Blood Carvers or tentacled Krevaaki.
Also what eperience do people have of incorporating wood / bone as shrouds or hilt grips (thinking of bloodwood & ancestor bone for Blood carver one or Bogwood for Krevaaki)?
Finally, for now, has anyone used RGBA or RGGB LEDs. Since CFv5 supports a flash on clash / lockup by activating a second die I was going to try R+G base to make yellow & highlight clashes with the Amber, or B+G to make cyan and the highlight with the other G anyone know if this would be effective as these are expensive bits especially brought singly and I can't see myself ever being a jobing smith.

Sorry my first post is so long, just wanted to say hello really but so many queations & ideas have to kill some before my head explodes.