Thread: SW other genres crossover sabers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SW other genres crossover sabers

A few of us have been discussing the looks of light sabers with design crossovers to other movies/genres and I thought it would be a good idea to open this for ideas from everybody.
    Maybe we can get some designs/renders. It would be good if we could include some of the MHS parts in these (for Tim's sales), but custom is good also.

So to start off, an easy one, Iron Man SW crossover. This could be mostly MHS parts with the main body in gold and thick ali sleeves in hot rod red. Blade should be light blue or white. I think it would look quite cool.

Another one I was thinking of is a master & commander nautical theme. sabre made from simulated whale bone with emitter & pommel in brass, with brass work along the hilt and scrimshaw (engraving) in the whale bone.

I will be busy trying to get my sabre finished, but will try to get some drawings done this weekend and post them when I get them done.

On a tangent, I was considering Harry Potter world, and was wondering if a sabre, like a wand, is attuned to the jedi or sith who created it. As they must use the force to assemble the sabre, does it resonate to their contact with the force? I don't recall reading anything about this in any of the books I have read. In Potter world, a wizard can use another's wand, but it will not perform as well as it would for the real owner.
    Just a thought

Come on folks let's see some great ideas, maybe some will actually get built.
    Last edited by Sloda Foade; 05-20-2010 at 07:44 AM.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight