Hey guys, here are my two latest completed projects.

A video of both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TmmCRi3bB8

First up is a TNG era klingon disruptor.

It started life as a solid resin model. I picked it up for 45.00 shipped off of ebay.

I used my mill to hollow out the main chamber for electronics. Then I drilled a hole from the thumb switch, to the electronics chamber.

Next I drilled out a hole for a recharge port.

I then installed the electronics from one of the new toy phasers. I replaced the cheap leds with a high output Seoul P4 red led.

I replaced the acrylic rods with aluminum ones that I turned myself. The central rod is hollow for the led wires.

Finally I painted the disruptor in the standard two tone color scheme.

I weathered it by dry brushing silver on the edges, and used a charcoal ink on the recessed areas.

Here are pictures.

Next I have a dl-44 blaster

The base for this prop was an airsoft mouser with an all metal body. While not as screen accurate as a denix, it has the inside space I needed for electronics.

The flash hider I machined myself, the piston scope and scope mount were from Blast-tech.com

The speaker and batteries are in the mag well, the mag plate is held in pace with magnets, so changing batteries is a breeze.

It uses a soundboard from one of the hasbro toy blasters, and a high output seoul p4 led.

I painted the whole thing flat black, then used fine grit sandpaper on the raised areas to give it the weathered look.

Here are some pics