I don't know if this is the place for this but here's my idea for a Blaster Rifle / Sub machine gun inspired by my first Lightsaber and a gun from Mass Effect.

Here's my lightsaber The Tiger Claw, not the greatest ever made but not bad.

Essentially the Blaster is a remake of my lightsaber with a longer 1.25 section and a grip. I intend to use Modular Hilt System parts to assemble the over all blaster with a red Lux III. The back part that rests aganist the shoulder (ahh I forgot what it's called!) might be made of wood attached to a peice of dowl, although I'm not really sure. I'm also going to mount a voltWatch (used in model airplanes to show voltage via glowing LEDs) on top and slightly to the side. Over all length minus the back part is about 16.5 inchs but will probably end up longer.

But I have some concerns.
First the grip and trigger, I have a plastic water gun that has a grip I like, and I wouldn't mind hacking it apart, but will it be strong enough if I glue it onto the bottom? If not are there are any other ways to make a grip and trigger? Again I might be in the wrong place, but I'd thought I'd ask anyway.

About what would be a good size for the hole for tip of the barrel. I'm probably going to glue a scrap peice of wood or something with a hole in it so instead of shooting a fifty claiber it shoots something a little more reasonable. lol

Otherwise I'd appreciate any other comments that might help before I start cutting pipe etc.

Thanks
Orcan