Thread: My First Saber

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My First Saber

Hello All,

I new to the whole saber scene and its pretty much addicting. I have been reading up on as much as I can. I have planned out my first saber and currently I'm waiting for the parts to arrive. I thought it would be good to get some opinions and advice from the masters of the art.

Before I discuss my saber, I have a question about soldering. Does soldering produce much smoke? I ask this as I am a college student in a dormitory with fire alarms that can be set off by burnt popcorn.

Well here is what I have so far...

I read the tutorials, and I know it said go basic but I had the money now so I figured I just by the lot of it.

*MPS Pommel style 4
    *MHS choke style 3
    *Double threaded hilt style 4
    *MPS Insert style 6
    *Covertec Clip
    *SPST Momentary Guarded switch with red button
    *Screw on LED blade holder style 9
    *LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches)
    *Luxeon III / Seoul P4 Electronics Kit
    *MHS speaker mount V2
    *Premium Speaker
    *8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw
    *1/8" Adhesive lined heatshrink tubing
    *1 Colored Discs

I already have a sound card from a Hasbro toy saber which I destroyed playing with a kid I help take care of.

The drill bit and the tap were out of stock...I figured I could get the at a hardware store anyway. And I forgot to order a clip to keep the pommel insert in place. Now I ask you, did I miss anything else?

I was thinking about adding an extension but I wanted to see how the saber felt first. (I'm already being to plan my second order)

Thanks for reading and any help that can be offered. I want to become part of this community also so please let me know if I have done anything that is aggravating or offending. Thanks!

Finally, here is what I plan the saber to look like (I will update with photos once it arrives)...
    Attached Images Attached Images