Thread: Wiring Diagram for Ultrasound 2.0 LED Saber w/Resonator

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wiring Diagram for Ultrasound 2.0 LED Saber w/Resonator

I've been lurking on the boards for a few months now and owe a lot to all of you for all of your help. I have built my first saber and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my UltraSound 2.0 board. I've come up with a proposed wiring diagram (attached) that I would like to get some feedback on.

I'm using all TCSS parts with the exception of the Micro-Vibration motor (Radio Shack part #273-107) and the resistor. My end goal is to have the vibration driven by the board and tied in to the led pulses (not just on power up/down and clash/lockup).

Beyond my basic wiring design I also have questions re: choosing the right resistor for the micro-vibration motor. I found a really helpful thread where xwingband explains the formula for choosing a resistor (voltage drop/amperage). The motor uses 3V, so with 6V going into the board and a target amperage of 30 mA, my calculation indicates that I'd be going with a 100 Ohm/.09 W resistor. I'm planning to use Radio Shack part #271-1311 (a 100 Ohm/.25 W resistor) for this purpose. The thing I'm not sure about is how much voltage will be going to the motor. If I'm sending 6V to the board, then is 6V coming out? If not, that will change the amount of voltage drop and I'll need to recalculate.

Thanks in advance for your help and thank you all for the volumes of information that I've already found on these boards, it has been invaluable!
    Attached Images Attached Images