Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The car thread

She is happy with how it turned out. Too bad she is ready to go to something a bit bigger. 250cc gets small really fast after you get the hang of it.

We are probably going to sell it soon to put towards a new bike for her.
    Or...
    Maybe I will throw some mud tires on it and use it as a dirt bike!
    Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures. -Ash /Army of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos1986 View Post
    Here in america nissan has the GT-R and its a skyline we also have the g35s, and g37s too but the 90,000+ skyline is here and its called the skyline.

Also here in amarica car drives you...
    Thank you for the Yakoff Smirnoff joke! I don't feel quite so old now.

I'll admit I don't follow car news NEARLY as close as I used to, but I thought they'd scrapped the Skyline designation with the new GT-R's, both in Japan and America. In short, all new ones are called just "GT-R". Which, if that's the case, I wonder if they share any platform at all with the current Skylines? Hmm...

Edit: Ah, yes, from Wikipedia...
    Following the end of R34 production in 2002, Nissan announced their plans to separate the GT-R model from the Skyline name, creating an entirely new vehicle although it would be loosely based on the same platform as the Skyline. This new car, now known simply as the Nissan GT-R, debuted in 2007 in Tokyo. Released to the consumers in 2008, it was the first GT-R available worldwide, entering the North American market for the first time.
    Although based on the FM platform used by the V36 generation Skyline[citation needed], the GT-R uses an evolved Premium Midship (PM) platform. The car retains its heritage by using the chassis code CBA-R35, or simply R35.
    Last edited by TuxedoCartman; 05-15-2012 at 12:19 AM.
    Boring conversation anyway...

oh yeah so i sold the beast of a camaro for something a little more fuel efficent.
    no pics yet cuz, well its nothing to write home about. yet...

its a 2012 Civic HF. yes, honda brought back the HF trim level. its bassically a package that gets added to the LX (dealer threw it in for free cuz they didnt have any grey LX on the lot).
    i actually wanted an older 2006-2011 8th gen civic, but people were charging just as much for the older models as a NEW one! so i figure if i am paying that much, might as well get the one that comes with new car smell!

so i plan on just modding this one a wee bit. BC is releasing coilovers for it this july. (suspension is just barely different enough from last generation, so all new aftermarket parts need to be developed)
    its also going to get some decent 16x8 wheels, most likely some "old school mesh" type.

so thats about it. oh and i need to tint the windows and toss some beats in the trunk.

overall i am LOVING IT! first new car i have ever had. everything works. its comfy. its quiet. and *gasp* it has four doors!!! getting kids in/out is a sinch.

best of all, my wife said if i get something fuel efficient, i can get something else to toss around the track.
    *ahem*
    AE86, HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!
    more on that later.

meanwhile, i need to finish up a very short notice deployment on the hospital ship USNS Mercy.
    yeah, i found out 2 blocks away from the dealership, and i was on a plane to hawaii 12 days later.

so i will update when i get back, and the wheels and coilovers will most likely be ready for me in the garage when i get home!
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

Quote Originally Posted by thejedilestat View Post
    hahaha not a bad choice i must say^^^^^^

the R33 is just ugly but with simple mods it can be a eautiful car aswell and the G35(Skyline) is a car im thinking of getting aswell but again all matters of time and money. much like saber building hahaha speaking of sabers i gotta find a place for my MRFX Luke in my Skyline =) gotta keep my fave saber in my fave car
    lestat, i actually had a really cool idea for a lightsaber in a car...
    PARKING BRAKE SABER HILT!
    might take some real fabrication depending on your e-brake handle design, but most cars it wouldnt be too hard. i actually have something in particular i will be putting in my ae86. most dedicated drift cars have a primary/stand-alone hydraulic rear brake, actuated by a big lever, just like most rally cars.
    example (this is the actual model im getting from Powered by Max in san diego)

is that not a perfect opportunity to toss a saber hilt on there?! i will even paint the bar the appropriate color (red for vader, etc.) so the hilt will be facing down (pommel up).

or, if not the parking brake hilt, maybe a .45 scale shift knob! (manual trans only)

i just need to figure out what saber would be most comfortable to grab in a hurry while im drifting. a graflex could be painful. lol
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

hahahaha sounds like fun

i dont think im gonna put it in my skyline though but only time will tell cool idea by the way =)

put up pix of the car i would like to see it... it is the car thread after all. and me thinks a windu hilt would be a nice ebrake but thats just me
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 06-03-2012 at 11:48 PM.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

DSCN1855.jpg

This was my baby. Cliffjumper, after the Autobot (because they cast Bumblebee as a Camaro). A basic 1988 Camaro, but he had a carbureted LS1 in him. Bought him for a $1000. I had plans of fixing him up, redoing the interior (which was just rough), getting a nice paint job on him, the whole 9-yards. But the poor thing finally gave up the ghost. Something inside the engine, well, broke and I didn't have the time to take it apart to find out what and fix it. Looking back, I should have salvaged more than just the T-Top glass and the rims and tires before sending him to join the Junkions.

PB200498.jpg

So I upgraded. Cliffjumper was reborn as a 1998 Z28 Convertible.

Both cars have worn the CLFJMPR license plate.

P9260009.jpg

And then there is this one. A three year, weekend labor of love that my dad and I spent rebuilding her. She was a rusted husk when we bought her. You can tell she isn't anymore. 1965 Mustang Coupe.

I had a motorcycle as well (can't find a picture of it at the moment); a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50. Rode for 5 years no matter the temperature or the weather. But when two people tried to hit me in as many consecutive days. And I tried riding it into a ditch following day. AND almost laid it down in my own darn driveway I decided it was time to let it go.

By the way Boj-Vaati, that bike of yours is one of my all time favorites. Beautiful color too man.
    My favorite color may be red, but my lightsaber will always be true blue.

Sold the jetta, picked up the new ride. Unfortunately this'll probably push my saber build off for another year

The color is hell to represent on camera, but here's what it actually looks like
    Last edited by VicSkimmr; 06-15-2012 at 02:01 PM.