Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Obiwan Concept saber

Default Obiwan Concept saber

I am very interested, like the rest of you die hard Star Wars fans, in making a custom saber. This is what I came up with. This is my first draft and I am making a 2nd draft, which should help much better. Anyways, enjoy and let me know what you guys think.

Attached Images Attached Images

Default 2nd draft

This is my 2nd draft of elements which I wanted to improve upon. Now I have a focus crystal and the activator switch seems more logical to me. Enjoy and post what may need improving. Thanks.

Nice, the pomel looks great, always has been one of my favourites. (Since the TPM cam out that is lol)

interesting design, post pics if/when you build it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

How long is the hilt? If you plan on having the crystal chamber visible, the MINIMUM hilt length is around 13 inches.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Djobi sent me this design. And I'm slated to make it after I do something for Malaki. Looks cool. It will be interesting to make the crystal chamber.

Btw, does anybody have the dimensions for that obi pommel? Without them itll be crazy hard to make in sketchup @_@

Hi all. I am getting the measurements more exact, I just had no time recently to do this, plus I'm not sure what the average diameter and such should be. The length should be around accurate though. 13 3/4" total. I did this for I thought this would help with center of gravity and incorporate everything I wanted/needed. As long as the O.D. feels comfortable to swing I should be fine. 1.5" will probably be a more realistic from what I can tell. Maverick is helping me with this, but I have other plans too.

Also, anyone know what measurements were for Obiwan's EPI saber (pommel only)? I just drew it up from pics that I saw, but to put sound and everything in it, I'd have to adjust. The speaker on here is 1.1" and the mount is 1.25". This would help get measurements and such much quicker and then I can draw them up much better. Thanks a bunch people. I value the opinions greatly.
    Last edited by djobitwan7; 01-11-2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Being more specific.

If you want the specs for the obi-wan saber check out www.sitharchives.com it has a the blueprints for the movie sabers. Here is the one for Obi-wan.

http://sitharchives.com/ot/obi-wan-big.htm
    "I cannot change the past. I meant to do good. But the dark side is slippery, as you yourself should know. I tried to hide. I tried to die. And finally, I tried to atone." - Ulic Qel-Droma

Lol Ashron, I was just there

I rediscovered that site after YEARS (thanks to another members link to his site )

So I'll be able to do the obi pommel pretty easily now. I Just finished Malaki's lightsaber the other day (go have a look), so Djobi ill get started yours in the next day or two.

But feel free to still send me any dimensions you manage to get. Any you can give me will make it go a lot faster and better.

Question Blade Connection(s)

I had a thought upon looking how the blades are done here at TCSS. Has anyone made their blades connect like a BNC? This may have been in discussion in this forum at some point, but thought I'd ask, since I didn't find any yet. Thanks again all for your input.

For Maverick. The only real dimension I have so far is the length. 13 3/4" and 1.5" for the Outer diameter (mostly). I'm working with a friend to get those measurements.
    Last edited by djobitwan7; 01-21-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: extra stuff