Well, here's the specs.

Custom machined hilt
    Trans gold PC accents
    Rubber and synthetic leather grips
    Luke ROTJ 2005 soundboard
    3/4" nylon blade
    Purple Makototsai v3 LED's
    Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries

I made this for my youngest brother for Christmas. (He's 10)

Here's the Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpJG-5swZn8

Here's the pics:

In the picture above, you can see the recharge port.
    In the picture below, you can see how I made the blade removable: I used a 7-pin DIN connector.

To be perfectly honest, the blade really isn't quite so even as the pictures and video make it out to be. This was my first Makoto style blade, and there are a few bright spots and dark spots. The following picture, taken with a flash, shows them up a little better.

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

That is beautiful man! Curious as to why you went with 3/4" blade rather than scale the emitter a bit to allow for 1". What did you use for the gripstrips? I have a similar project in the works right now and I'm trying like hell to get it to 1" blade specs without ruining the look.

Great Job!

Also curious as to the color, the videos (at least in my experience) and pics always seem to make them look "pink". Whats youre opinion, is it pink or purple or somewhere in between?
    Last edited by FenderBender; 01-11-2010 at 01:11 PM.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very nice saber. That's the first one of this saber I've seen someone machine from scratch like that.

The blade looks better in the vid than the pics.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

that is a very nice hilt and the blade looks great
    -Sidd-

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you like it. I know my brother does. He told me that now he has "the coolest lightsaber in the whole world" .

Fender - I used a 3/4" blade, partially because I've always had a bit of a preference for them, and partially because upon closely studying the Mace Windu dimensions I realized that I could do it with a 3/4" blade without changing the dimensions.

The grips are ordinary "t-track" grips. I had to get rid of most of the material on the bottom side, though - I left just enough material to keep them from coming out through the slots.

The Makoto "purple" LED's seemed pretty pink to me. Actually, the fact that I used a nylon blade seemed to filter out some of the blue spectrum, making it even more pink. The tip actually looks more purple than the rest of the blade, but not by too much. It looks quite a bit more purple in the video than it actually is - the pics are a bit more accurate in that regard, but they're washed out. The color actually looks more "intense."

So if you told someone beforehand, "this is a purple saber," and then turned it on, they might say "ok, light purple" or they might say "it looks pink to me."

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Banned Sith Lord

i love this guys work. just fantastic machine quality. this guy does proffesional work. just an inspiration. was this hand machined or CNC?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Awesome Windu saber. I am impressed with the machine work. It gives me a couple of ideas for some sabers I am working on too.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Dang! Nice work.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

You sure you dident take a replica and bore it out or something? That looks really nice, wow man deffinatly wow and not the game eather!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Dude, that is some strong work there!
    Your Lil' bro is one lucky guy!!!
    Very nice clean work on the removable blade!

I love how the purple v3 leds just blow away the green!
    Last edited by cannibal869; 01-11-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    LOCKHEED