Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ultrasound 2.5 wiring video

Very nice vids. Question ... did you use any thermal paste/tape between the led base and the heat sink?
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    It is a good thing trust me.. We shall have balance in the force soon.
    yes master... haha jk i never owned a ultra sound board so, i don't know how good nor bad they are. But if Tim says its a good thing, its a good thing! haha Because we all know Tim knows best for us with-in this "powerfully" addicting hobby of ours! haha but back on topic... Thanks for posting the tutorials!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El Rah View Post
    Very nice vids. Question ... did you use any thermal paste/tape between the led base and the heat sink?
    Yes i did, since the saber was an upgrade of my LED only saber the thermal tape was already there.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, glad you like the videos.
    "A Jedi Master always said this to each of his students before their first lesson: Cross an unfamiliar river without first discerning its depths and shallows, and you will drown in its currents without reaching your goal. Being a Jedi is no different. Identify the pitfalls and learn the proper path, or you fail the Order and sacrifice yourself to no good purpose."

one thing I was wondering. even though you used a red switch, would this kind of guide still help if I were to try and mount an illuminated AntiVandal Switch into a saber and include the ultrasound as well so that it doesn't touch the metal contacts of the switch and thus fry the board? I designed an MHS hilt that's about 15.7 inches long overall and has SOME room below the switch hole, but I dunno. if I get any sort of board I was sort of wondering if there's any precautions besides what you've shown in the video that I should try to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade-Rave View Post
    one thing I was wondering. even though you used a red switch, would this kind of guide still help if I were to try and mount an illuminated AntiVandal Switch into a saber and include the ultrasound as well so that it doesn't touch the metal contacts of the switch and thus fry the board? I designed an MHS hilt that's about 15.7 inches long overall and has SOME room below the switch hole, but I dunno. if I get any sort of board I was sort of wondering if there's any precautions besides what you've shown in the video that I should try to take.
    Good question. I have been wondering that myself too. Here's what i'm thinking : tcss has "bezels" for that since i think that most illuminated switches won't fit standard alu tubing.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Be...ches-P448.aspx
    As for the position of the switch : there is no room in my opinion to place a pcb under most type of regular switches. I'd also recommend to always use heat shrink on the contacts of the switch after wiring is soldered.
    "A Jedi Master always said this to each of his students before their first lesson: Cross an unfamiliar river without first discerning its depths and shallows, and you will drown in its currents without reaching your goal. Being a Jedi is no different. Identify the pitfalls and learn the proper path, or you fail the Order and sacrifice yourself to no good purpose."

I was just wondering what you used for the Power Regulator? Would it be similar to the LED Drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by ecko View Post
    I was just wondering what you used for the Power Regulator? Would it be similar to the LED Drivers?
    You can wire the main LED directly to the Ultrasound 2.5 PCB as you can see in the vid. No need for an additional power regulator.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

How many cups of coffee did you drink before you wired that saber? LOL Great videos. Thanks for taking the time to make them.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ki-Djowac View Post
    You can wire the main LED directly to the Ultrasound 2.5 PCB as you can see in the vid. No need for an additional power regulator.
    Oh sorry I should have been more specific.
    I was questioning the second vid "LED only". Since I cannot get my hands on an Ultrasound.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    It is a good thing trust me.. We shall have balance in the force soon.
    "soon" - 4 little letters but very welcome ones...of course "soon" is a relative term, but still encouraging to hear and now we must just exercise a little Jedi Patience eh?...ah well the um Overlord Matter has been a good teacher of that...