Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Updated Hasbro soundboard queston

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Just a quick suggestion on these boards. The wires/wiring SUCKS! They use the crappiest wire possible and just clipping and connecting to the existing wires will probably lead to some problems. I would highly suggest de-soldering the old wires and soldering in all new ones to the board. This way you also get the benefit of choosing the color scheme for your connections.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Youngling

Another solution for cruddy board connections (if your not that good of a solderer) is to hot glue the solder points so the wires are attached by that as well.

That won't help when stripping them, though. I've cut through centimeters of wire trying to strip the things so I might as well just replace them

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

i am ordering the part to my first saber within a couple of days and then the electrical parts a couple weeks after. The plan is to use a hasbro sound card, and after several weeks of researching and reading into the early hours of the morning , i am left to conclude:

that i can run a lux3 red/orange directly of a hasbro card with 6v.

is this correct or am i missing something very crucial?

A lux 1 would work better. The voltage matches the power setup closely so it will run more efficiently than the lux 3.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The Lux III red/orange will probably not be very bright due to the low current output of the economy hasbro card. The red Lux III needs 1400 mA and the card puts out around 300 - 350 mA. The red P4 works great with it.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Just thought I'd update you guys....

I received a few parts in the mail today included the switch and battery pack I needed to hook up the Seoul P4 to the soundboard. I successfully wired it and its awesome! I'm running it on 4 AA battery's no resistor. Honestly, its hard to tell the difference between this and my Lux V....they seem very close.

I've done some reading around about leds and it seems like Crees are really good for blue. I might end up experimenting with different blue leds....I see that royal blue also seems to be in high demand.

I also got a few parts for my next saber....I wanna do someting different colorwise but I'm not sure what yet.....maybe amber...orange?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Royal blue is a very nice color, but is super dim. I would rather use a blue...

Amber/orange are supposed to be the same. But especially with the LUX III, a BIN1 is yellow (very yellow) and a BIN 7 is a very nice pumpkin orange... It is a gamble on what BIN # you get...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...