Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: too much cram and not enough fu

I would like to echo what Card Collector said, the frustration (after its all fixed ) makes it all the more sweet. Just take your time and it will turn out well, hang in there!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Youngling

Just take the time and work it through.

I had something similar happen when I performed "cram fu" on the saber I just completed. Everything worked fine outside, built a case for the sound card, trimmed down the wire lengths and then installed everything and soldered the connections for the AV Illuminated Switch. Everything was smooth as silk. Insert batteries and...

Repeating startup sound, over and over - something was shorting. Had to unsolder the switch, take everything out, fix the short between the switch wires and then put it all together again. Which was a lot harder to put back together for some reason the 2nd time.

Worked fine, but it was a few hours of work in between.

So be persistant, but if it gets frustrating walk away for a bit, get a fresh prospective and then take a shot at it again.