Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guarded or Standard

Default Guarded or Standard

Im building an MHS saber. I have the seoul P4 kit. Do i get gaurded on standard hilt?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

It depends on what switch you want. Do you want the guarded style (low profile) or standard style?
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

well since this is my first saber thats not wood...i have no idea what would look better.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It is a personal preference. I personally like the guarded better, it helps protect from accidentally turning on and off the saber by bumping the switch.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Sith Lord

It's up to you to decide. The guarded switches tend to look better but they go very deep into the hilt
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

ahhk..thanks for quick reply dudes. makes it much easier for me

considering this is a preference type of topic I have a small question since I'll be making an MHS hilt in the near future. If I were to say make a saber (posted the design in my greeting topic) with one of the Anti-Vandal switches (all while including a soundboard), would that require a standard switch hole or a guarded one?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

interesting. I think I'd go with the bezel to keep a fairly clean look to the saber. thanks for the tip.

i dont get the whole soundcard and light talk...im so stupid with stuff like that. What does a driver do?

and also i have one of those crappy make your own lightsaber things from hasbro..Would that sound card work?