Thread: Wiring Question

Default Wiring Question

quick question, sorry if this makes me an electronics simpleton, but I'm learning :P

Im going to be using a 7.2V battery setup with a Lux V led and a blue illuminated switch. The resistor chart says that i need a 220 Ohm 1/4 Watt resistor for the blue illum switch, but it also says that I need a 1 Ohm 2 Watt resistor for the main LED (I have to pull up the main LED in the chart to see this). So my question is, do i need both of these resistors for this setup, or is the wiring diagram given for the illuminated blue switch's resistor sufficient?

Any pictures of someone using a similar setup would be most helpful
    I'm Gonna Ride My Krayt Dragon To Valhalla!

im betting (although i have not used one so im not 100% positive) that there is leads on the switch for the LED to light up itself, and then there is the leads for closing and opening the circuit.

so im betting you use the resister for the switch, by putting the battery to the correct leads with the resister in front of it, then run the battery to the small resister for the Lux V and then through the leads for the switch to open and close the terminal, then to the Lux V then back to negative.

like i said, i think its in parallel, but am not for certain. it would only make sense though. as that would limit how much current could go through it.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Those switches do not have resistors, so you will need one or you'll fried the switch LED.

You need a 220 ohm 1/4 watt for the switch ... and a 1 ohm 2 watt for the LUX V

Just use the diagram on the resistor chart at the store and then add the resistor between switch and main LED.
    Last edited by Rb-wan Organus; 01-05-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    “He's a friend from work.”

What the resistors do is limit led current. All LEDs that run directly from the battery need resistors or the magic smoke will be let out of the LED.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

ak, just look at the Resistor Chart for the Illuminated Switch, it has a wiring diagram.

Then you won't make yourself look silly buy guessing or "betting".
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!