Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Maul Luxeon Conversion

Default Darth Maul Luxeon Conversion

Has anyone took apart the Maul Saber yet??
    Just Curious on the steps and everything to take it apart.
    I so want to take mine apart but afraid to do it wrong and cause damage to it.. Any info would be appreciated.. Pics would be great..

Female Twi'leks are so Hot! I want one. =0)~

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Yes I am currently working on a conversion kit for it..the hard part at the moment is figuring out how I want to do blade retention.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

One of the first person to get there's did this. It was Jtsteph in misc topics.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=664

From the date it was 1 month ago.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

I've done 43 Darth Maul conversions so far. There's not really a whole lot to them, that's why I convert them for so little. The wonderfully awesome thing about the Maul is the thick polycarb blade it comes with and the fact that you can use standard thick walled blades in them, too(available right here at TCSS). It's a truly amazing FX and word has it the Obiwan is the same way.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

You've done 43?? Sheesh.. My 1 is still in the box.. Haven't had it out but to look at it..
    By using the regular blade holder in it.. How do you suggest making it so you can remove and retain the blade? The pin looks to far down and I don't really see a place near the emitter..
    I really don't want to screw it up or having it sit in pieces like my Windu is right now..

Yup, 43. 30 ebay pre-orders, 10 direct sales from my website, and 3 send-in conversions. As for set screws, there are black areas under the mitter that will match a black set screw very well, so just drill and tap a hole.

Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Hmmm that's what I figured I'd have to blend it in there..
    I was hoping I didn't have to put any holes in it...
    Now I got to figure what color I want my blades...

Ultra, can you tell me if the LED electronics in the Maul blade appear to be any better made? I assume that MR made the blades thicker in an attempt at making them more duel-able, but I figured they would have to make the electronics more durable too.

Otherwise, I can't see how it can be any more duel-able than the prior FX models. [?]

one half seems heavier than previous models...
    I can't wait for the Kenobi Saber.. I wonder how man batteries that will take..
    After hearing how easy it is to convert, mine is looking tempting... I just have to get the money for the stuff to convert mine...
    That and the color I want the blades.. I may end up with two colors..

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Kyp Durron

Ultra, can you tell me if the LED electronics in the Maul blade appear to be any better made? I assume that MR made the blades thicker in an attempt at making them more duel-able, but I figured they would have to make the electronics more durable too.

Otherwise, I can't see how it can be any more duel-able than the prior FX models. [?]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The LED strip looks no different. The sound is louder than previous models, though, and it uses triple A's instead of double, so the girth of the hilt is realistic. But as far as durability goes, there is none in the electronics, only the thicker blade.

In stock form, the Maul FX can take more strikes than a previous model FX before getting dark spots. However, in time, it will develop black spots too, regardless of the new thick blade it comes with.

Therefore, Luxeon conversions are still needed.

Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity