Thread: Possibilities & other questions

Default Possibilities & other questions

Heya, folks. Back with more little questions that jsut kinda come to me.

I was thinking about converting an MR saber into an LED (mostly so I could help a friend of mine when he decided to do the same), but I was thinking...
    Would it be possible to take the conversion kit sold at TCSS, a new set of electronics and completely replace the electronics in one of the MR sabers? Why, you ask? Becuase I'm a cheap (censored) and I think that I can find one cheaper if the electronics are dead.
    If I do get one with all the original electronics in working order, would the converted saber still have all the sound effects and such? i.e. power-up, power-down, clash, etc?

As a side question that should be pretty obvious... I have an EL saber made with the MHS. If I wanted to change it to an LED, all I would need would be the emitter and the blade (and all the right electronics), correct?

Thanks in advance (and feel free to kick me in the head and delete this post if it's already been asked a few million times)

~~~~~~~~
    Support a starving artist:
    http://archammer2.deviantart.com

Part 1- If the sound works before you convert it will after as long as you follow the tutorial. Otherwise yes you could gut the hilt and build from scratch.

Part 2- The awsome thing about MHS is you can swap it up. I also have an EL MHS which is my favorite but I also switch it to LED with a flick of the wrist. The key to it is to use one of Tim's little quick connect thingies on the switch, that way you don't have to change that out. You can switch that out quick if you need to as well, I have a neighbor that wants EL and LED w/ corbin's board and if we go momentary to use the Hasbro sound card then we will need to switch the switch as well.

<center></center>

1) Okay, groovy! I've been reading through all the tutorials and... adding the momentary switch just seems... well, I'm happy with my soundless EL blade, so why complicate it if I'm unsure if it'll work?
    Still, found some broken/damaged sabers on eBay for fairly cheap, and I think I think I might get one. ^_^

2) I figured as much! But, with the way I made my first saber, I'd have to drill through the threaded part of the emitter... *shrugs* But that's no biggie!

Well, when I made the first one, I didn't think about ever making an LED saber. So, it's all soldered and electrical-taped together. ^_^;
    Still, I usually don't change sabers "with a flick of the wrist", so it'll still be cool. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~
    Support a starving artist:
    http://archammer2.deviantart.com